Green Procurement Policy
Dyrhoff is ISO 14001:2015 certified. We run an externally audited Environmental Management System and work to continually improve our environmental performance.
Although control of our internal processes is important, the overall environmental impact of our products is also affected by activities at other stages of the supply chain, including those of our suppliers. Dyrhoff seeks the support of its suppliers to help reduce this impact.
We look to our suppliers to voluntarily understand and address any environmental impacts within their businesses and to work with us to achieve our environmental sustainability of our products and to build long-term relationships with suppliers.
Wherever possible, our purchasing decisions shall favour:
- Products that reduce greenhouse gas emissions or are made with renewable energy.
- Products that reduce the use of toxins hazardous to the environment and employee and public health.
- Products that contain the highest possible percentage of post consumer recycled content.
- Products that reduce air and water pollution.
- Products that reduce waste.
- Suppliers who strive to improve their environmental performance and provide sustainable products, and who can document the supply-chain impacts of their efforts.
- Reusable products.
- Products that serve several functions (e.g., copier/printers, multipurpose cleaners) and reduce the overall number of products purchased.
Sustainable products and services that are comparable in quality and price to their standard counterparts will receive a purchasing preference. In situations where a more sustainable product is unavailable or impractical, secondary considerations will include production methods and the environmentally and socially responsible management practices of suppliers and producers.
The purchase of sustainable products is part of our long-term commitment to the environment
Director, Donald MASON
Date: July 2021
Note: This page is a user friendly version of the green procurement policy, for a full version please click here.